Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Is Ultimate Edition gona stay around?

Frequently Asked Questions

Is Ultimate Edition gona stay around?

Postby newbi462 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:19 am

Ok sure this has been asked but cant find it.....

While it is not perfect Ultimate Edition is closest to what I want in a Linux distro at this time.....however for weeks the site was down and Ultimate Edition was a dead distro.

So what was the deal? and will Ultimate Edition continue to be maintained or is it a distro on the way out and I need to keep hinting for another Ultimate Edition that is going to still be here later this year?
CPU:Intel(R) Core(TheeMahn) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory:16GB SODIMM DDR3 Synchronous 1600 MHz
PCI bridge:Ivy Bridge PCI Express Root Port
+NVIDIA Corporation 2GB 640m
Audio device:NVIDIA Corporation
Audio device:Panther Point High Definition Audio Controller-Intel Corporation(on-board analogue audio)
Ethernet interface:RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
Wireless:AR9462 -Atheros Communications Inc.
newbi462
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Re: Is Ultimate Edition gona stay around?

Postby Xanayoshi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:30 pm

There were issues with the hosting service I believe. If this happens go to https://www.ultimateeditionoz.com and check Facebook for Updates. You should find plenty of support there...and in a way, it is another Ultimate Edition as well, with a strong emphasis on Unity. Black Opal is a very stable, clean, and good-looking OS.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby BBOSAK2143 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Really do not think Ultimate will go down! TheeMahn loves what he does and it just shows with Ultimate! Like Xan says just post on Ultimate EditionOZ site. Is a little harder as have the extra category for subject matter, but there are also very wise people on there to help along with the most helpful and insightful information from Blackwolf! I have yet to run the other OS's in this tribe, but am sure as their principles and attitudes are beyond reproach, the same quality would be found!!! All of us are severely lucky and benefactors of the most intelligent developers Linux has to offer formed this group!!! Take a look on the web for the page that describes their concepts is one of the most beautiful pages that exists!!! I wholeheartedly support their efforts and ideas. I am also severely grateful for all the help they serve out to their users, myself included!!! Also be sure to look on both forums at the wealth of information! Yes, no operating system is perfect! We are all humans that make mistakes, but Ultimate is the best it gets when it comes to OS's! I only hope to one day reach that stage with making an OS! I have Assembled my own which runs nice, but Ultimate beats it due to the amount of desktops! I am scared to go that far! One desktop is tough, let alone all of them!!!!! Personal opinion now has really changed to everyone should give building themselves a Linux OS a try. Why???? It is the ultimate experience that shows how nerve racking it all is!!! Is a very difficult process, figuring what works and does not. Watching pieces and parts of programs assembling, wondering if it will fail or work! It really makes me appreciate what TheeMahn has built!!! Sure I fell head over heals when I first used Ultimate, but has increased 10 fold now that I have made my own attempts!!! I was bummed when the forum went down for a while, but have to remember updates have to happen and web design is no picnic either! The class I had for it, had a final exam project and it took me two weeks to get just 6 pages to work properly!!!! The amount of work for a web page is mind blowing! The site here is beyond perfection, if you pay attention to how all works here. Same goes for OZ, there is no failure in navigation! It was getting a bit choppy here and there before it got downed for repairs, but now is once again like a well oiled-machine!!! Hats off to that, as also have forgotten that most pages on the web are lucky to work half as well as here!!!! Great work on the repairs!!!!! Love it and long may it run!!!! Bet Neil Young would agree with that one!!!!
Firm believer in Asus, Linux and Technology
"Art is to be enjoyed by all that enjoy it"
Asus M5A97 Plus motherboard
AMD FX 4350 Processor
Asus R7250 2GD5 graphics card
16gig DDR3-1333
2TB Hitachi Hard Drive
24in Asus VE248 LED Monitor
OS=My 8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops=Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
Warp Speed!
ASUS Laptop R503U
AMD E2-1800
ATI HD7340
4gig Memory
500gig Hitachi HD
OS= Win7 SP1/8th OS Star Trek(Ubuntu 16.04)
Desktops Gnome 3.20 and LXDE
2nd 500gig Seagate HD R.I.P
BBOSAK2143
U.E. God
U.E. God

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.5 64 BIT

Postby Ironmahn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:51 am

MB: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
CPU: AMD FX-8320 Vishera w/ COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
MEM: G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2x 8GB) 1866 MHz
VID: XFX Radeon HD 7850 PCI Express 3.0
HDD: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe 240GB (SSD)
Ironmahn
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition Developer

Return to Ultimate Edition F.A.Q.