Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Help Deciding 2.9 or 3.0

Frequently Asked Questions

Help Deciding 2.9 or 3.0

Postby Lucky » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:22 am

hello all and thank you for the wonderful work on this distro!i am trying to make a decision on which version to install today.

i have an older dell with low graphics, 40gig hd, 2 gig ram, and low end processor. i have looked at 3.2, 3.0, 2.9 and cant decide, they all are great. i guess i should state my needs, im not a fan of unity as of yet. guess i havent giving it time to get used to me. i am familiar with old gnome, kde and xfce. i like the graphic extras that i can run in old gnome with Ultimate Edition and like all the extras i can squeeze out of this box.

so any suggestions?

thanks in advance
Lucky
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Help Deciding 2.9 or 3.0

Postby billhedrick » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:21 am

I would actually recommend 2.6.5, it's based on Ubuntu 10.0.4.4 so it's older hardware friendly, and is actively updated. Also it's bulletproof.
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Lucky » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 am

thank you for the quick reply, 2.6.5 edition it is then. could you tell where the download link is? i only see the 2.6.3 links on the site. thanks again
Lucky
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby billhedrick » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:26 am

billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby Lucky » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 am

very nice, thank you again for the quick replys. i am downloading now, then off to install. looking forward to awesome computing with Ultimate Edition! :)
Lucky
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby eveningflame » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 am

with ultimate edition 2.9 i cannot decide between lxde and enlightenment (e17) can anyone help me out?
eveningflame
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Postby eveningflame » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 am

Yes it is, my appologies, i have a little trouble with private messaging, since ur an administrator could you help me please?
eveningflame
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ubuntu Edgy Eft

Return to Ultimate Edition F.A.Q.