Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Downloading Ultimate Edition

Frequently Asked Questions

Downloading Ultimate Edition

Postby rjb3353 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:13 am

Hello,
It has been quite some time since I last used Ultimate Edition but will be installing the latest version in the next day or so. There is one thing that I remember even from when I first experimented with using Ultimate Edition several years ago and that was seeing comments about difficulties with the various hosting companies for Ultimate Edition. Today I also saw the same comments on the main page and when I began downloading it was surprised to see no links to download via bit torrent. The question I have is have you ever experimented with the use of distribution via bit torrent? Recently due to dissatisfaction with the distro I have been using I have once again fallen into distro hopping trying to find a new home. The vast majority of these distros have bit torrent links for their downloads and when available I always choose to download via bit torrent as I know doing so takes the load off of the regular hosted download sites. I am just a normal end user and so could not act as a normal hosting company however I have a fairly fast connection 75mb down and 75 mb up and my systems are on 24/7. I also actively use a VPN client and my bit torrent client is always on. I am sure that a lot of your users would also have similar connections that like myself could act like an un official hosting site via bit torrent. I am sure that if the majority of downloads for your ISO files were handled via bit torrent it would free up a lot of bandwidth from your normal hosting sites that perhaps maintain your repositories as well as you ISO file downloads. Perhaps there is a way to also have your repositories distributed around various users via bit torrent that could be constantly updated by you so that the latest files for system updates etc are always available.
Just a thought,
Robert B.
rjb3353
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Re: Downloading Ultimate Edition

Postby rjb3353 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:31 am

Well I just attempted to download Ultimate Edition via the links provided on Sourceforge I even tried several of the different versions and none of them would download. After being taken to a page saying when the download would start and once reaching 0 seconds instead of the download starting I was instead taken back to the page listing all of the versions available for download.
rjb3353
U.E. Knowledgable
U.E. Knowledgable

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.0 32 BIT

Postby billhedrick » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:34 pm

is Compiz working in this?
billhedrick
Site Admin

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 32 BIT

Postby grim-lord » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:59 am

Gets stuck 5 seconds with a green circle right, next just click in direct link option [problem downloading] and the select a server and download start normally, good luck.
Attachments
ultimate edition dowloads Screenshots.jpg
Click in problem Downloading
grim-lord
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.2 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition F.A.Q.