Are you a spammer

Please note, that the first 3 posts you make, will need to be approved by a forum Administrator or Moderator before they are publicly viewable.
Each application to join this forum is checked at the Stop Forum Spam website. If the email or IP address appears there when checked, you will not be allowed to join this forum.
If you get past this check and post spam on this forum, your posts will be immediately deleted and your account inactivated.You will then be banned and your IP will be submitted to your ISP, notifying them of your spamming. So your spam links will only be seen for an hour or two at most. In other words, don't waste your time and ours.

This forum is for the use and enjoyment of the members and visitors looking to learn about and share information regarding the topics listed. It is not a free-for-all advertising venue. Your time would be better spent pursuing legitimate avenues of promoting your websites.

Wireless AND Wired on (Ultimate Edition 3.9) cant use both ?[Solved]

Frequently Asked Questions

Wireless AND Wired on (Ultimate Edition 3.9) cant use both ?[Solved]

Postby Boogaloo » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:20 pm

Hi again folks...

I have a built in gigabit nic and a Linkys MIMO wireless card installed in my work computer.
When I first installed Ultimate Edition 3.9, it saw the wireless card and I was immediately on the internet and things were just peachy.

What I then (successfully) did, was install and use a VNC client to connect to the 4 other computers that comprise my LAN. It took some fidgeting to get it sorted out, but I was able to add the wired network connection through the "manage connections" panel of KDE.

My wired LAN consists of 4 computers that I manage remotely via VNC. They all have sequential static IP addresses (192.168.0.11 - 192.268.0.14). I have managed this network successfully for years on the Windows side without issue. In other words, I have used the wired NIC exclusively to manage the 4 remote computers, and used the wireless NIC to access the internet from the client computer.

The issue:

Now that I have set up the wired NIC to allow connection(s) to the remote computers, I no longer have access to the wireless (WAN). It appears that it is a "one or the other" sort of system from where I sit right now. The only problem is I cannot get back to the wireless (WAN) working config that was set up initially.

Can someone point me in the right direction here?
Asus Sabertooth X58 Mobo, Realtek ALC892 Integrated Audio
Intel Core-i7 X980
12 GB Memory via (3) 1333 Mhz DIMMS
nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti GPU.
3 Hard Drives
Boogaloo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Microsoft Windows

Re: Wireless AND Wired on (Ultimate Edition 3.9) cant use bo

Postby Boogaloo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 am

Well... since there is considerable delay between when I post a question, and when that post actually...uh....gets posted, I continued to try and solve the problem, and in similar fashion to my last issue, I stumbled across this thread:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/10741/how-to-set-up-dual-wired-and-wireless-connections and was able to solve my problem... I did some searching here before I posted the question and did not see anything that got me headed in the right direction so I posted the question....

Thanks anyway!
Intel Core-i7 X980
3 Hard Drives
Boogaloo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Xanayoshi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:19 am

A certain amount of posts need to be approved as to avoid spam. You are free to post now since your last post acquired no approval.

I had approved the post initially but I have not used 3.9. I have also never kept multiple connections going at the same time, least not in that manner. Someone else may have this knowledge, though something heinious may have occured to delay them from a prompt response, like sleep or employment.

However this information may prove invaluable when 3.9 is released and I appreciate you providing an answer to your query.

And now, the completely true facts, as told by an anonymous man hiding behind a screen name:

Packard Bell Pack Mate II 286 Intel 80286 1MB RAM
ImageImageImage
Xanayoshi

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.4 32 BIT

Postby Boogaloo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Thank you fellas. If you look at the link I included in my 2nd post in this thread, the instructions for adding the 2nd connection are clearly laid out there....

My shortcoming was that I discovered the link about an hour after I submitted the OP so once again, I was able to solve my own problem.

My biggest challenge now is that I cannot bring any of the computers I have 3.9 installed on out of the sleep state.
If I put th ecomputers to sleep, or allow them to go to sleep (time out) a full restart is restart is required.... Any hints for me on that issue?

Thank you guys!

I love this OS..... absolutely LOVE It.

I love it so much that I am only booting into windows to use applications that are windows specific. At this point, I am making a concerted effort to transition my digital lifestyle to Linux....

Thank you !!!!
Intel Core-i7 X980
3 Hard Drives
Boogaloo
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Postby Acaster » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:17 am

Boogaloo wrote:I love it so much that I am only booting into windows to use applications that are windows specific. At this point, I am making a concerted effort to transition my digital lifestyle to Linux....

Looking forward to trying it someday
Change ain't what it used to be

Ultimate Edition 3.0, 3.5, 3.5.1, 3.6, 3.8, 3.9, 4.2b & bgl
i5-760 @ 2.8 GHz cpu
MSI MS 7613 MainBoard
16 GigaBytes RAM
Hitachi 1 TB & Western Digitial 1 TB HDs
Radeon HD 5570
Acaster
U.E. Graduate
U.E. Graduate

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Postby Nighyiun » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:36 am

You can give us more examples of the issues raised.
Nighyiun
U.E. Newbie
U.E. Newbie

Operating System: Ultimate Edition 3.1 64 BIT

Return to Ultimate Edition F.A.Q.